- Leave without pay provisions factsheet [PDF: 182 KB]
- MilitarySuper member proceeding on LWOP for full-time employment and LWOP employer agreement form [PDF: 666 KB]
- Employment LWOP remittance advice form [PDF: 954 KB]
- Election to pay member contributions in respect of a period of leave without pay (LWOP) form [PDF: 674 KB]
- MilitarySuper Book [PDF: 1 MB]
Can I contribute if I’m on leave without pay?
Yes, contributing members can in certain circumstances including:
- Parental leave without pay (LWOP)
- Marital LWOP
- Compassionate LWOP.
You may also contribute during some other forms of LWOP such as if you accompany your spouse to an overseas post or if you undertake a course of study. You must elect to pay contributions before your period of LWOP ends. You can choose to contribute before, during or at the end of your LWOP period.
Can I receive a co-contribution on leave without pay?
Yes, but keep in mind your eligible co-contribution amount is determined by the contributions you make during a financial year. If you do not contribute when on LWOP, your co-contribution amount (if any) will be less than it would otherwise be. If you defer your contributions, only the amount you make in that financial year will count.